Victorian Literature is a accomplished and entirely annotated anthology with a versatile layout that permits academics and scholars to pursue conventional or cutting edge traces of inquiry – from the canon to its extensions and its contexts.
• Represents the period’s significant writers of prose, poetry, drama, and extra, together with Tennyson, Arnold, the Brownings, Carlyle, Ruskin, the Rossettis, Wilde, Eliot, and the Brontës
• Promotes an ideologically and culturally assorted view of Victorian society with the inclusion of girls, working-class, colonial, and homosexual and lesbian writers
• contains fresh scholarship with five contextual sections and leading edge sub-sections on subject matters like environmentalism and animal rights; mass literacy and mass media; intercourse and sexuality; melodrama and comedy; the Irish query; ruling India and the Indian Mutiny and innovations in print tradition
• Emphasizes the interdisciplinary nature of the sector with a spotlight on social, cultural, inventive, and old components
• contains a absolutely annotated better half web site for lecturers and scholars supplying elevated context sections, extra readings from key writers, appendices, and an in depth bibliography