By Aviva Petrie
Medical facts at a Glance is a concise and available creation and revision relief for this complicated topic. The self-contained chapters clarify the underlying recommendations of clinical facts and supply a advisor to the main normal statistical procedures.
This new version of Medical information at a Glance:
- Presents key proof observed through transparent and informative tables and diagrams
- Focuses on illustrative examples which convey facts in motion, with an emphasis at the interpretation of desktop information research instead of complicated hand calculations
- Includes vast cross-referencing, a accomplished word list of phrases and flow-charts to enable you opt for applicable tests
- Now presents the educational targets for every chapter
- Includes a brand new bankruptcy on constructing Prognostic Scores
- Includes new or elevated fabric on learn administration, multi-centre reports, sequential trials, bias and varied easy methods to eliminate confounding in observational reviews, a number of comparisons, ROC curves and checking assumptions in a logistic regression analysis
- The better half web site at www.medstatsaag.com includes supplementary fabric together with an intensive reference checklist and a number of selection questions (MCQs) with interactive solutions for self-assessment.
Medical information at a Glance will entice all clinical scholars, junior medical professionals and researchers in biomedical and pharmaceutical disciplines.
Reviews of the former editions
"The extra known i've got develop into with this publication, the extra I get pleasure from the transparent presentation and unthreatening prose. it's now a beneficial significant other to my formal records course."
–International magazine of Epidemiology
"I heartily suggest it, specifically to first years, yet it truly is both applicable for an intercalated BSc or Postgraduate learn. If information offer you headaches - purchase it. If facts are all you think that about - purchase it."
"...I unreservedly suggest this e-book to all clinical scholars, in particular those who dislike examining reams of textual content. this is often one booklet that may not sit down in your shelf amassing dirt after you have graduated and also will functionality as a reference book."
–4th 12 months scientific Student, Barts and the London Chronicle, Spring 2003